Wednesday, December 15, 2021
As 2021 comes to a close, the Arc team is grateful for our mission, our global community of users, and the opportunity to help make performance an integral part of LEED and green building practice. This year, we reached several major milestones:
- 6 billion active square feet - an increase of 2 billion square feet over the previous year (learn more on our Impact dashboard)
- >18,000 active users each 90 days
- Largest single portfolio: 4,076 projects across the United States
- Largest number of LEED v4.1 O+M applications in a single submission: 80 retail projects, located globally
- More than 190 million metric tonnes of CO2e tracked
We have also seen significant shifts in issues and opportunities in 2021:
- A global focus on portfolio-wide decarbonization
- The rapid rise of Building Performance Standards
- Ubiquitous concern about climate risk, including transition and physical impacts
- Interest in economic costs of social and environmental externalities
- Increasing recognition of the importance of indoor air quality
We have responded with new tools and capabilities:
- Advanced Scoring (included with Arc Essentials), new tools to evaluate energy and emissions performance with respect to Building Performance Standards, including CRREM, New York's Local Law 97, and Boston’s BERDO.
- Climate Risk Analysis, a combination of TCFD-aligned transition risk and physical risk metrics powered by Moody’s ESG Solutions and Coastal Risk Consulting.
- Financial Analysis, new tools to understand the green building business case powered by Autocase.
- Tools and guidance for the continuous, distributed measurement of IAQ.
We think these accomplishments are important, but we are just getting started. In 2022, you can expect more focus on portfolios, more support for decarbonization, more tools for sustainable finance, and more partnerships and integrations.
See you in the New Year!